Monday, August 29, 2011

What a G-g-g-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-a-a-a-t-t-t-t summer!!

Five regional conferences in six weeks--Whew! I was exhausted by the end of the Baden Baden conference in Germany, but exhausted from so much exhilaration and adrenalin flow! Such a wealth of talent, knowledge, and enthusiasm from members; such fantastic, and different, speakers; and such wonderful organization on the part of regional directors and their conference steering committees. Thanks one and all, for moving our Society forward through your efforts.

My cats were very aloof when I returned home after six weeks on the road. Thankfully, my husband wasn't! He had joined me in Germany and we and two friends took an 8-day cruise on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Basel and then spent five days in Switzerland. I have some incredibly beautiful pictures, and the cruise was so relaxing that I "unwound" from the conferences and "de-stressed" during the cruise.

Now, committees begin for the second year. The Finance Committee met last week, reviewing the 2011-2012 budget and making proposed changes based on last year's actual expenditures. They also planned this year's editions of Focus on Finance and have a new, very professional look to that publication.

The Educational Excellence Committee begins tomorrow; and September has the Communications and Publicity, Membership, and Expansion Committees coming to Austin for their 2nd-year meeting. I'll get to spend the second half of September at home, but that just means I'll work from home instead of from here (Austin)!

I have spent over a week trying to catch up on email that came while I was in Europe with no internet access on my phone. It's been hard to wade through and answer more than 300 emails, but I appreciate everyone's understanding why, in this instance, I have not replied as quickly as I usually do.

I am now working on the international convention schedule and speakers, and have a meeting with the New York convention steering committee the first of October in NYC. The report forms for chapter and state organization presidents have to be revised and I've already started a list for the next board meeting agenda.

Stay tuned! Life continues to be interesting. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment